Since we can’t always be outside doing our own adventure, some of my time is spent looking at other people doing adventure on Youtube. Sometimes that feels sad – to spend that much time in front of a computer. But hey, I’m a proud consumer of youtube video. To make your time well spent; here is my 5 tips for youtube channels to follow. In no particular order.
- Mediocre Amateur. One guy and his friends doing trail running, skiing and alot more. Loads of ridge walking, sketchy climbing, bushwhacking and puking. One of the guys seems to own a red helicopter…..
- Hiking Nerd. The name says it all. A nerd that hikes, or is it a guy nerdy about hiking. Not sure. He video looks good and it’ts worth to try. Gear reviews and trips.
- Team BMC. The British Mountaineering Council. Look under their playlists Skills. Where they cover everything from scrambling to ice climbing. The other content is of varying quality.
- Venture Lives. There are sooo maaaany channels about a couple sailing the world. Some of them stand out. This is one of them I think. They are based in Alaska and the scenery is stunning. Not a huge amount of content to binge watch.
- REI. – Yes the American retailer of outdoor gear. They have a mix of content. Some well produced short stories about a huge range of people and subjects. And also a big section of tips for beginners, everything from how to pitch a tent to how you choose climbing shoes. Well produced.